Clicking / Snapping Sound from Dash in 85 Caprice

I have an 85 Chevy Caprice with 343,000 miles on it ( yes 343,000) . Suddenly, I am hearing a clicking / snapping sound from the center / right of the dash during acceleration, and also sometimes during deceleration, and also when in Park, at about 1500 rpm.

At fisrt, I thought my spark knock was coming back, but a spark knock doesn't occur in neutral, and during deceleration. So I am thinking it might be : u-joint... transmission... distributor... exhaust... or speedo (but would speedo click in Park?)

I can't see anything unusual under the car or in the engine compartment.

ANy ideas welcomed ! Thanks

Reply to
Lecher9000

Marky

Thanks for the idea. There is no misfire, though. The car runs fine, I jus thave this clicking / snapping sound. Lately I think it might be air trapped in the heater core. I had a coolant leak at one of the htr hoses a few days ago. I tightened up the leaking clamp, but the noise is still there. Maybe just taking it's time getting the air bubbles out. I hope.

Reply to
Lecher9000