Clicking sound from wheels

Hi, I have a 1986 Olds Delta88, with fwd 3.8L V6. When the car is moving it makes a clicking sound at the front wheels . When i speed-up it clicks faster. The sound is made any time the
car is moving in a straight line or turning. I lifted the car a long time ago and took one of the tires off and rotated the rotor with my hands and the sound seem to come from where the cv meets the transmission. Am not sure.
What could be the problem? ..Is it expensive to repair?
Thanks!
98,000 miles on the car.
On 1 Aug 2003 19:36:11 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (B.F.) wrote:

Have you checked to see if you might have a stone caught in the tire tread?
Brad
Had the same problem.. Found it was coming from the hubcaps. The wheels would flex, causing the hubcaps to click. Temporarily romove the hubcaps to see if this is the same problem.
On 2 Aug 2003 07:29:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (B.F.) wrote:

If this car has wire wheels, try switching that one to another wheel and see if the sound moves.

| Hi, | I have a 1986 Olds Delta88, with fwd 3.8L V6. | When the car is moving it makes a clicking sound at the front wheels | . When i speed-up it clicks faster. The sound is made any time the | car is moving in a straight line or turning. | I lifted the car a long time ago and took one of the tires off and | rotated the rotor with my hands and the sound seem to come from where | the cv meets the transmission. Am not sure. | | What could be the problem? | ..Is it expensive to repair? | | Thanks! | | | | 98,000 miles on the car.
I have the same car that had the same problem. I removed the hubcaps and the clicking stopped. Now I just live with the clicking with the hubcaps back on.
Cheers
"B.F." wrote:

Stones in the CV joints.
If the sound is really coming from where you say, I'd guess that you have a bad inner CV joint, most likely.
-- GW - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey
"B.F." wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (B.F.) wrote in message

Thanks guys for all of your help! :) The problem is gone now thanks to you all.
THANK YOU!!!
"B.F." wrote:

Better check your lugnuts with a torque wrench.