clogged fuel filter

Hi
What are the symptoms of a clogged fuel filter on cars?, 89 Vette in my case.
Thanks
Dan 89 Coupe Blk on Blk

It might idle okay but would run lean at driving speeds and cut out as you accelerated and then probably stall. How long since you've changed the filter?
Dan wrote:

I had a different car that would run great until it started climbing a steep, long hill (maybe three miles). Before the top, it would be sputtering and conking out. It turned out to be a fuel filter that was semi-blocked. As long as the fuel demand was moderate, enough flow passed the filter to work, but when the fuel demand got to be big enough and maintained for a few minutes, the filter got clogged.
It sure is easy to fix.
---Bob Gross---
Thanks, I'll have to look at it in the spring time...
Dan