code PO452

98 Jimmy I got a service code of PO452. It said something about emission code.
Any ideas what this is. I did have the fuel pump replaced a couple months
ago.
Tim wrote:

Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input
The sensor on the tank is reading low or the wiring is shorted. Wire might have been pinched when the pump was replaced and took a while for the insulation to wear through. Drop the tank and check the harness off the sensor and test the sensor while you have it apart.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Did you check your gas cap?

Woody wrote:

Bad cap wouldn't set this code. It is set because the ECM expects the sensor to be within a set range when it isn't testing the evap system. If it is high or low it sets a code.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

If that pressure sensor was shorted and shared circuitry with another critical sensor, yes.
Tim wrote:

If it is ONLY the sensor going bad it shouldn't. It will just trigger the SEL. However if the wiring harness is shorting it could be shutting of power to the fuel pump as well.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York