Codes 44 and 45...

Well...I go for my emissions test tomorrow and am having a major internal debate as to whether I should replace my O2 Sensor before I go or not...
For the past few weeks I've been getting both codes 44 and 45. Mostly
45. And like I've said before, I have a A/F Gauge installed and today it did the thing again where the O2 will stick in the "RICH" and just not move...I was idling for about 7-8 minutes and it didn't move at all...
I had the O2 Sensor replaced in September of 2002. It's funny because when I had the emissions test done in July of 2002, I passed, and the guy said I should replace my O2 because of a slightly higher than "normal" readings...so I went ahead and replaced it to see if my mileage would increase...and now, 2 years later...about to go for another emissions test, and this time the damn O2 sensor is acting-up again!!
Today I did a few maitenance things like taking off the throttle body and giving it a good cleaning...as well as the IAC...and I cleaned and re-oiled my K&N Air Filter(which was quite dirty)...and I erased the ECM's memory and did an idle re-learn...
After all of that...NOTHING has changed!!
Anyways...I've heard that O2 Sensors usually only last about a year so I guess I must be due for another one, right?
THANKS!:)
What kind of vehicle and engine set-up is it? If you have a MAF sensor, the oiled air cleaner can screw it up by depositing oil on the sensor (Toyota owners have had a lot of problems with this). If your vehicle does use a MAF sensor, try removing the oiled air filter and replacing it with a good dry air cleaner element like a NAPA Gold or Hastings (same thing). O2 sensors should last between 30,000 and 50,000 miles, they should not need to be replaced every year (unless you drive a lot of miles each year). Rich B
this code indicates the sensor" thinks" the engine is too rich, maybe it is. Scan and look for other things, fuel contaminated oil, high fuel pressure, map sensor or maf giving erroneous readings to the pcm causing it to falsly richen the mixture. What vehicle and engine is this?