Compression test question

What is the best way to perform engine compression test with regard to ignition wires? The last time I performed an engine compression test was on engine (~1980)
that has a distributor and round ignition coil. I would just disconnect the wire from the ignition coil to distributor then test each cylinder with a compression tester (all other spark plugs removed from the engine so ther starter would not working too hard for nothing). Now my car has ignition modules. Should I disconnect ignition fuse? or route the spark plug wires away from my tester and crank away?
Paul
i would pull my fuse to make sure i didnt have any power there

the