Connecting Trailer Brake Control

Can someone tell me how to connect the under-hood wires for a trailer brake control and the trailer battery charging wire? I have a 2008 GMC Yukon XL. I just took delivery today. I have everything connected under the dash, but the 12v feed for the brake control and the trailer battery charging wires are not connected from the factory. I have found the wires, but I don't know where they connect.

Yes, I could ask my dealer who wouldn't even charge me to do it, but I forgot to ask while I was there today and it seems like it should be a simple thing to do myself.

Thanks.

Reply to
brianmartin61

I think your owners manual might also cover this. I just recently put a trailer brake controller in an 07 escalade. I believe there is a couple of extra studs at the underhood fuse panel, left(drivers) side. You will need nuts for these. For the trailer battery wire, there might be a fuse to install, seems to me like a 40 amp. Check the diagram under the fuse panel lid.

Reply to
Certainly

I checked the owners manual first. It told me where to find the wires under the dash, but it wasn't very helpful about the under the hood wires. It just said that they are not connected at the factory and they should be connected by a GM dealer or a qualified service technician. I found this GM service bulletin on another group:

You are correct about the studs on the underhood fuse panel. I'm ready to go.

Thanks.

Reply to
nfisherman