Consumer Report Rankings of vehicles -

Apparently you are the one confused, if that is what you believe. ALL manufactures make some that fail, even that report shows their subscribers report one per vehicle in five years.

On of my relatives now owns my last Lexus V8, a 1997. It has around 90K on the clock. He just replaced the power steering pump. The pump alone cost $1,5000. Another of my former cars, a 1999 Mustang GT convertible, is owned by a neighbor. It has over 100K on the clock and it is all original, including the power steering pump. Surly you do not believe I should come into a NG and say all Lexus' have junk pumps and Mustangs are trouble free? ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Those are likely made in their USA engine plant.

Reply to
Spam Hater

You haven't lived. Since '54 I've had several problem cars, both domestic and import. I will agree quality is generally getting better.

I've had several problem dealers as well. Also service shops are tending to listen to the customers diagnostic much better, even document it on their computer or as my Chrysler dealer recently did they call out the mechanic to hear first hand on a difficult problem.

Reply to
Spam Hater

You stole my words, well said except the racist line I've altered.

You could have added:

So obviously MH has no experience with serious vehicle problems.

Perhaps MH is actually many people. How else would there be so many postings from MH.

Reply to
Spam Hater