Consumer Reports: GM's Volt 'doesn't really make a lot of sense'

Hardly stellar considering the price tag for making a more simple vehicle.

Reply to
Stewart

"hls" wrote in news:0 snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

except co2 is not a polutant. thats greene bs KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

CO2 is good and the plants need it.

People pump CO2 into greenhouses to make more vegetables.

Global warming comes and goes in the discussions just like Global Cooling and all such silly end of the world discussions.

Reply to
Bjorn

It may take some time to get feedback because not that many have been sold

Volt: 281 February 321 January 326 December

Reply to
Bjorn

's-Volt-'doesn't-really-make-a-lot-of-sense'>>

And a truly "jolting" experience for the new shareholders...every body went up in the last few months but GM went down....

You can bailout turkeys, but they still be turkeys. I figure you and I didn't, but wonder how many in the group actually bought GM shares?

Reply to
Canuck57

Well I guess it's too late to find out now. The price of computer RAM was about $45 a MB so you'd probably have a hard time imagining regular folks owing a computer with $200,000 worth of ram and drives which would cost about $10,000,000 at the time.

-------- I recall paying $100 MB at one point. 9 chips per meg....

-------

The only reason we're a digital world is that cheap RAM, data storage, and a method of moving info around at high speed exists. Without that, we'd probably still be using film, listening to CDs, going to Tower Records, and using computers with small sized OSes with limited memory.

------------ Who would ever need more than 640k?

My guess is that 20 years from now, we won't be doing fill-ups at gas stations and changing motor oil. I could be wrong but I hope not, for our sake.

---------- We'll be plugging our all electric cars into an over extended analog electrical distribution system that still has 50% of power generated via burning coal, negating the "carbon" savings of burning fossil fuels.

Reply to
Stewart