Conversation over -- no more GM cars

Page 2 of 2

10 years is not much more than the warranty period John? Come on - you're just trashing now. Sure - those things will fail. Some of them will anyway. I've had plenty of GM's that have crossed over 200,000 without most of those problems. Are you suggesting that any other car won't experience similar problems at 10 years or 200,000 miles? I didn't think so.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

That is my experience. I understand mechanical parts wear, things break, etc. But when non-moving parts fail in a few years, you do have to wonder.
If I bought a new car every two years, I'd not hesitate to buy GM or any brand. I like to buy new, then keep the car for a long time. I've had a couple for 14, 15 years. Primary car get the high miles, then becomes my wife's and gets less than 3k a year, only because I take it once in a while. My '91 Regal is running as good as the day I bought it, but is at an age you expect things to happen. AC does not work, radio has problems at times, needs a brake caliper, exhaust system (still the original ! ) To fix the major faults, it would cost me about $1500 to bring the car to a condition to make it worth $900 book value. Intention was to replace it with the LeSabre, but I think it will just fall apart soon and dissolve in the rain.
I also looked at a few used cars. Most are price according to the age/miles and are not a bargain at all. Sure, initial price is lower, but 25% off original price with 25%+ of potential miles used is not a bargain. The "driven by a little old lady" cars are rare finds.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Your experience is very common, and very similar to mine.
I'm happy so far with my Toyota Tundra, my wife's Sennia mini van, and my Daughter's Camry.
Best of luck,
Bob