coolant leak 2002 Buick LeSabre from upper intake housing

I was told that I had a coolant leak coming from the upper intake housing where it joins the plentom. The cost to replace is apprx $800. That seems kind of
expensive plus I have also been told that it isn't recommended to replace the upper intake housing to fix the problem but I wasn't told how to fix the leak. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Slots
slots wrote:

GM makes more than one engine. Which one is in your car?
This is a 2002 Buick Lesabre with a V6 3800 series 2 engine.
slots wrote:

Maybe this is what you are looking for, a repair kit for the plastic intake plenum?
http://ken-co.com/manifold/default.htm
hdd

I have seen those repair kits advertised. I believe they are still for sale only to distributors.
The new and improved part is not so expensive from NAPA
I stay pissed at GM for this kind of crap.

The normal problem with that engine is the decomposition of the plastic plenum. This is a common and well known problem with that engine, and the price he quoted sort of fits the typical expected.
The coolant gets into the cylinder, and can cause hydraulic lock.
If so, an improved plenum can be purchased from NAPA for about $150. Installation might be as low as $100-$200, if you shop around.
Maybe yours is something else.
slots wrote:

This problem is depressingly common on many GM V-6s.
John