coolant leak

My 2001 Buick Century, 73000 miles has coolant leak near the firewall on driver's side. I don't see the leak, just the puddle. I had the coolant changed about 10 days ago. Is there anything in the flushing process that might have caused this. I am still about 25000 miles short of recommended hose and belt changes. Ernie

Reply to
ernests131

If your leaking coolant around the firewall area it could be a heater hose connection or possibly the heater core. The tubes on the heat core that the heater hoses connect to are plastic and break off the side tank if the hoses are pulled on to hard.

good luck

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,734 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

Since he said "puddle" I'm voting for the cooler core. New leaks often show up when antifreeze is changed. The faulty component is ready to go anyway, just goes a bit sooner.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Thanks Guys. A loose hose at heater coil.

Reply to
ernests131

You are about to pay a very expensive membership to the IGF Club. Membership is about $800. Intake Gasket Failure.

Reply to
Lil Rascal

Oh! Is that what IGF means? I was thinking it was "I Got F*****"! Same thing as Intake Gasket Failure, I guess...;-)

WW