Coolant leak

Page 2 of 2
SgtSilicon wrote:

The mileage was 95,500.

Just did the 3.4 in my '03 Grand Am and it only has 39,000 miles on it. Did my daughter's '98 Malibu as well with a 3.1 and it has 115,000 on it.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
ernie wrote:

The 3.1 and 3.4 engines are from the same family and have the same reputation for intake manifold gasket leaks. My bet is that you are one of hundreds of thousands of people who are having just that problem.
John
re. coolant leak .it leaks into the oil. cost me $1100.00 for new gasket,labour ,etc... on a 2000 Impalla. GM makes garbage autos, their quality sucks.
they have just about recalled every new 2006 models that they have produced.

re. coolant leak .it leaks into the oil. cost me $1100.00 for new gasket,labour ,etc... on a 2000 Impalla. GM makes garbage autos, their quality sucks.
they have just about recalled every new 2006 models that they have produced.

Thanks to all. To update the coolant problem with the 2001 Century with 3.1L engine.with 86000miles. Oil,ATF and antifreeze changed at 5000 50000 and 75000 miles. I took it to the local Buick dealer (all GM except Chev) and it was indeed the intake manifold as most here expected. The Dealer's shop replaced all the gaskets and seals from intake manifold up. changed the oil, changed the antifreeze for a total cost of $677. I think that is pretty reasonable. I also talked to the shop manager about this on going gasket problem. He said they get 3 or 4 Centuries in every week for this problem, but that is about the only thing that goes wrong ( except brakes of course). He believes this new gasket is good for well over a 100000miles. I had thought about doing this job myself, but Hey, its Christmas:-) Thanks to all for their help and interest. Merry Christmas Ernis