Coolant question should I change back to Prestone

Hello, On my 98 Lumina 80,000 miles, I have the "usual" intake gasket leak. My mechanic told me that some bad things happen to good people that use this new coolant. He suggested trashing the new orange coolant and replacing it with the good old green Prestone after the leak is repaired. Is this a good idea? TIA Greg

Reply to
pnsman64

Dont know for sure, but welcome to the club. Those gasket failures must be on a timer.

Reply to
Jack L. Spratt

You might want to go with the new Prestone Extended life coolant. It is compatible will all other coolants.

Reply to
Rich256

Reply to
Shep

I have a '97 Blazer along with all the other problems, I have had problems with this new red coolant. I flushed the system and put in new coolant a couple of years ago. Then last summer I got tired of it and changed over to the old green coolant, I think it keeps the system a lot cleaner.

Reply to
The Adams Family

I read that GM changed the gasket design and torque specs to remedy this problem in mid 2003. Is this correct? I just bought a 2004 Montana and don't want to see the same thing again like on my '95 G/A 3.1 Dave

Reply to
David Van Nort