Corporation To Run For Public Office!

Page 2 of 3
If a corporation is a "person", then it should also be able to get a birth certificate, passport, and register to vote!
(Someone with a corporation, register the corporation to vote, then let's
see the Supreme Court say they can't do that because a corporation is NOT a person!)
Bill wrote:

Nope, you cant get birth certificates for corps.

You wont even get the birth certificate.
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 06:40:10 -0800, "Bill"

A corporation certainly does have a "birth certificate".

It is by law person. It can be sued in both criminal and civil court.
krw wrote:

Not one that is any use to get to vote with.

...and?
krw wrote:

That was what was being discussed, corps getting to vote.

The same Court that ruled corporations were "persons," who can be sued in both criminal and civil court, has now ruled they MUST therefore have the freedom of political speech guaranteed in the Constitution to every American.
IF the people do not agree corporations are people than they must amend the Constitution. IF that happens Corporations will no longer BE "persons," who can be sued in both criminal and civil court.
Can you imagine the shark lawyers, that control the Senate, ever allowing that amendment to ever be introduced let alone be passed by the Congress?

Mike Hunter wrote:

There is no therefore, the most recent ruling has nothing to do with that earlier one.
It is in fact based on the NO LAW bit of the First.

That is wrong too. There is for example no reason why the constitution could not be explicitly amended to allow corps to be sued in both criminal and civil courts.

It isnt necessarily up to the Senate.

You are entitled to you own opinion, not matter how convoluted it may be ;)

Mike Hunter wrote

Taint my opinion, its the supremes' opinion.

Not to mention being liable for taxes.

Can you imagine the states ratifying such?
hls wrote:

Of course it is, and if you dont like that, campaign to amend the constitution.
Corse you will have to do that in the face of corporate TV advertising opposing that.
If you dont like that, blame those who wrote that constitutional amendment that did not have the forsight to predict that downside of their very swingeing wording they chose to have.
But hard to lynch a corps now tho.
wrote in message

We, the lowly citizens, cant even get our elected officials to look at term limits, real campaign finance reform, etc.
And, no, I dont like the fact that our government is effectively steered by lobbyists representing big money groups.
We tread along the tightwire of the law, sometimes, but I feel that the intent for government by, of, and for the people is being hijacked.
It is all about money and power.
hls wrote

Hardly surprising given that they are dug in now.

Blame that on the farts that wrote the constitution.

Then set fire to yourself outside Congress or sumfin.

"Or sumfin" sound better to me.
On 02/02/2010 1:41 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

Hey, they did pretty good really, better than most other countries. But given liberalism and the corrupt time they will always run anything down to decay unless the people are hard nosed about it.
I say hard nosed, as someone needs to publically tell Obama his corruption and mamoth debt spend is screwing people. And call him a corrupt prick.

I hope he does not.
Canuck57 wrote

True. My main objection is to their objection to standing armys and its easy to see why they went that way with that.
And they didnt do anything about slavery, and easy to see why they decided that that wasnt feasible at that time too.

Which isnt a bad effort considering that it was one of the first.

And even when they are, that isnt necessarily enough.

Yes, the provision on free speech is certainly one of the most important rights.
Also not surprising given the history in western europe at that time.

Its the only possibility for getting anything done about either.
And the farts that wrote the constitution were the epitomy of money and power at that time too.

You mean corporations are *forcing* you to vote for their politicians? You know, corporations cannot vote, so someone is voting them into office.

You don't like the likes of the Sierra Club either then?

Of course it is. Use yours and stop whining.
On 02/02/2010 4:27 PM, krw wrote:

In a way yes. Say I have the republican AND the democrat would be president in my pocket. Have squeeze on his corruption and pay them lots.
Going into an eletion, how mny people have voted but not voted for a democrat or republican? That is vote without the two parties in mind?

He is right, follow the money and power. The rest is bullshit for the naive.

So you admit to being a liar?