Corporation To Run For Public Office!

Page 3 of 3
krw wrote:

Right. Thay cannot donate to campaigns. But they can run all the ads they want for or against any cantidate, at any expanse. Which gives them the same undue influence.
On 02/02/2010 4:32 PM, Bob F wrote:

And political and economic favors. Say an inside tip on a stock or hey my cousin from Harvard needs a good start...is VP good enough?

...and the recent SCotUS ruling changes this still illegal activity how?

the greatest expenditures in a campaign. If companies, or PACs, or other big money groups accept that load for a candidate, it is the same as if they had donated the money directly.
On 01/02/2010 6:07 PM, krw wrote:

You have to look at it this way.
$5000 to each of 400 representatives is only $2 million. Since government can taint the process to one companies favor or another, well - cheap buy.
Say I was evil ultra-mega super rich and had $10 billion in one of the failing banks. I would gladly pay $2 million to assure my $10 billion was safe. Now say you have "connections" or some control to 25 corporations, and it is tax deductable. 26 * 5k * 400 is a lot of bribe moneys. Right under the radar too.
You know the $10 billion is safe. I am sure Obama has his reasons he cares not to discuss to us why some banks got help and others did not.
Is that YOU Obama?

Bill wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/william-klein/supreme-court-ruling-spur_b_437871.html We are a government of lawyers, by lawyers, and for lawyers.

NO, no, no!
We are a government of the Exxons, by the General Motors, and for the Duponts! (Ralph Nader)
Ralph WHO? ;)

Bill wrote:

LOL Who runs the United States and everything in it? Lawyers.
On 01/02/2010 5:36 PM, Paul wrote:

Sad, but tue.
People need to learn to forget if they are repulican, democrat or independent and vote for the one that isn't a scum bag lawyer.
It starts in the US Senate and now includes the shark lawyer from Chicago. ;)

You mean with the seat that had a scandle on it when Obama left when fellow rats pounced?
On 01/02/2010 6:24 PM, Mike Hunter wrote:

Paul wrote:

Yeah, but this is like saying "Who runs the nuclear aircraft carriers?. Nuclear engineers."
Y'know?
-- Les Cargill
Bill wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/william-klein/supreme-court-ruling-spur_b_437871.html
Lets really level the playing field for corporations. If they want to have the same rights as people, lets tax them at the same rate. Ditto for churches, lets tax that cash cow.
Why stop there, let them be drafted and subject to all the same laws and punishments as ordinary citizens. Let's get them in for jury duty too. It's only fair.
Jeff

(Off topic posting deleted, automatically)
This is an automotive News Group, not a political News Group
Try alt.autos.toytoa, they love to talk politics
Mike Hunter wrote:

the Security Kiosk at the mall? Run along now...
(Cross posting deleted, automatically)

By posting this repeatedly you are doing the same as Mike. Put him in the kill file and be done with it. Please, stop annoying everyone else the way MH does.