Could fuel pumps cause an explosion??

I just noticed that most of fuel pumps (and their energy wires) stays inside the fuel tank cover with fuel.
My concern is: if by any reason (like overheat), one energy wire
became disconnected, you could have a positive wire touching the ground or a negative wire. This could occur not inside the fuel (cause in this case I think thats no problem cause it doenst conduct electicity) but inside vapor when the tank isnt full and where you have oxygen and fuel vapor. In this case you have oxygen, vapor and a spark, and this can cause a explosion.
Id like to hear your opinion.
Only if you live in Hollywood.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~300,001 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
NOPE. The lack of oxygen in the tank makes it almost impossible for the fuel to ignite. If you look at most of the pumps you will see that they pump fuel through the motor itself. The level sending unit has never caused a problem and they are all open with power and ground connected through a moving contact.
--
Steve Williams

"TimeMachine" <UseLinkToEmail@New & Used Cars Forums - AutoForumz.com>
Why there is few oxygen in the tank?
steve:

fuel
pump
caused a

in message

because its all fuel vapor.
I've never heard of one outside of a Hollywood movie but then... BTW, the fuel also cools the pump and it's just as cheap to keep the tank full as it is to keep it near empty.
Lets see, the pumps have been in the tanks now for over twenty years. Have you ever heard of one exploding? Take two paranoia pills and check with your dealer in the morning......
in message

TimeMachine wrote:

No. Gasoline vapor% by volume in air LEL is ~1.2%. UEL ~7.1%. Keep gas in your tank and you won't have a problem.