I just noticed that most of fuel pumps (and their energy wires) stays
inside the fuel tank cover with fuel.
My concern is: if by any reason (like overheat), one energy wire
became disconnected, you could have a positive wire touching the
ground or a negative wire. This could occur not inside the fuel (cause
in this case I think that´s no problem cause it doens´t conduct
electicity) but inside vapor when the tank isn´t full and where you
have oxygen and fuel vapor. In this case you have oxygen, vapor and a
spark, and this can cause a explosion.
I’d like to hear your opinion.
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Click to see the full signature.