Creaky Brake Pedal

Hi

My 2001 Malibu has developed a creaky brake pedal when pressed. Any ideas to cure it? Where to I squirt the lube?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers David

Reply to
David

Replace the brake pads. Use a synthetic grease on the dust pins. If it takes very little effort to shut up the squealing.. it's more than likely the front pads. You might have drum brakes though... in which case you'd need to replace the "shoes" I believe. Anyway, if you did just replace them recently, you should have put some "disc brake quiet" (orange goo) on the back of the pads.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

The OP was speaking of the pedal itself, not in the front/rear wheel braking area.

Get a little high temp grease and find the pivot point in the brake pedal, then grease it up real good while moving the pedal. It shouldnt take too much grease to quieten it down.

Reply to
TM

Ohhh ok. Sorry then.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

My 2001 Mali'boo also has the same squeaky brake pedal. I find the sound irritating, but not enough to spend ant more time to find the source. I did squirt some silicon spray on the pivot points, but the squeak is still there.

If you find the source of the squeak, I'd be very interested in what it takes to get rid of it. For now I just turn up the radio.

Reply to
Duane