Cruise Conrtol Dropping Out

Car: 1995 Monte Carlo Z34, 3.4L DOHC Problem: Cruise Control Drops Out
My cruise control keeps dropping out. Cannot reproduce. Sometimes it happens when I use the turn signal, but not everytime. Most times it just drops out
without me doing anything. Sometimes, if I shut the car off and then back on again it will work for a little while longer.
Before I go through the agony of diagnosing the problem by following the steps in the factory manual, are there any common problems I should know about?
Steve
Just my 2 cents, but check your vacuum lines. The cruise control on my Chevy S-10 had a similar problem and one of the vacuum lines was cracked. Rick
I don't believe this partically model of cruise control is vacuum operated. But, I will take a look.
Steve

Sounds like the cruise lever. Try tilting the wheel with the cruise on. Or tapping the lever. Another problem I have seen is too much resistance in the brake switch. When the brake switch is bad, they will usually kick in the first time you use it that day. Then when it heats up, it cuts out and sometimes won't come back. But since you said it sometimes will go out after using the turn signal, That points to the lever.

happens
out
on

the
after
That's where I was going to start, but I feared it. Now I have to diagnose an intermittant electrical problem, my favorite.
Wait a minute. You say the brake switch heats up and it kicks out. Using the signal light puts more load on the circuit does it not? Would using the turn signal put enough load on it to kick it out?
Oh, and it has kicked out when I used the tilt once or twice. I will check a few things tomorrow and report back.
Steve
Since you said it kicked out while tilting the wheel, I would say the lever is bad. I would not think the brake switch is bad.

Or
the
the
turn