Cruise Control

--WebTV-Mail-5228-3835 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Hello All,
The Cruise went out on me this last week end on my '91 Pontiac GP. Was
working great till I tried to resume...Nothing. Checked fuses, vacuum and electrical connections. All seem fine. Any advice of common problems or things most likely to go out you all might have before I dive into it?
Thanks,
Tom
--WebTV-Mail-5228-3835 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-5228-3835--
When the speed control fails to operate properly it is usually a fuse, vacuum, mechanical or electrical connection. If not the controller died.
mike hunt
Thomas wrote:

A common problem with the 1990 Suburban was the wire on the control switches (steering column) broke internally and kept the cruise from functioning. If you cannot set the cruise, tap up, tap down or resume, you either have a blown fuse, bad controller or bad switch unit on the steering column (this is assuming that you've already ruled out a vacuum leak).
****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
www.bought4less.com for a NEW cruise control

: