cruise control intermittent

Any ideas why a cruise control on a 2003 Yukon XL with 5.3L V8 would have my cruise control work 30% of the time?? When it doesn't work, it won't work no matter whether you fiddle with the on-off, etc...
When it works, it works fine until turn the car off the more than likely it wont work for a few more start cycles. HELP?! thanks bumblebee
You might try looking at the switch actuated by the brake pedal. My 2004 Silverado sometimes does not work also, I tap the brake pedal and all of a sudden it works. I found this by fiddling with the switches as you do, but when I stopped at the first stop sign and took off then it worked.

-