Cruise control problem?

Vehicle: 1994 Chev 3500 2wd dually, 454ci V8
Problem, maybe: When cruise control is set, and vehicle is shifted into neutral the engine speed redlines. Is something broken? I know when I do this to my 1995 monte
carlo, the cruise control kicks out.
Steve

I cant imagine that you would shift into neutral without already having done something that would kick off the cruise control, like step on the brakes. I m surprised you would ever notice this is not working. What kind of transmission do you have.
My 1992 Lumina does the same thing, but I don't let the engine redline. I discovered it by accident shifting from Drive back to Overdrive and going 1 click too far. I immediately shifted back in gear the second I heard the engine rev. Roy

engine
done