Customer assistance and dealer can't help

Hi there,

In an earlier post, I ask about a recurrent problem with my Aztek 2001. Another question is what is the end of the line at GM as far as service is concerned? I have visited many dealers, I have talked to service managers, technical advisors, mechanics and Customer assistance. Anyone knows what else can be done? Can a customer ask to discuss a case directly with a District service manager? Can customers call the GM techline? I would like to see what can be done, but I am now running around in circles between the dealer and Customer assistance and both are claiming that they have to go with what a mechanic says while it is clear that this mechanic is not up for the job.

Thanks

Simon

Reply to
Simon Till

Shep

Contact GM direct. The number is in your manual.

Reply to
Kevin

That is too bad they still won't give you their services for free. Why would they expect to be paid for their services?

Reply to
Woody

OOPS replied to wrong link... Must have had a senior moment.....

Reply to
Woody

Well,

I guess this is about an issue that has been around for almost 5 years and that should have been covered by the warranty. The problem is that GM keeps trying to change parts that are not under the warranty (drums, rotors, pads...) instead of properly addressing the situation and fixing a problem that will probably end up being covered by my plan.

It is not that easy... But I will try to speak to the district service manager.

Thanks

Simon

"Shep" wrote in news:1129812706 snipped-for-privacy@spool6-east.superfeed.net:

Reply to
Simon Till

GM used to have a good system of zone representatives, and these guys could be very helpful. I dont think it exists anymore. My experience with them was that they KNEW the problems, the TSB's, etc, and the dealership service writers and mechanics often had no idea what was going on. ( and wouldn't look, either)

If there is a number in the manual, Im going to have a look and record it in a good safe place.

As far as the Aztek is concerned, I believe that everyone has focused on the brakes, rotors, etc and may have missed the issues the OP was complaining about.

Some cars just have disgusting habits, but I dont believe the Az is one of them. Have some friends who have one, and are totally enamored of it (even though I personally dont think there is enough lipstick in the world to make it look nice).

Best luck to the OP.

Reply to
<HLS