CV Joints

I was given an estimate to replace 2 outer CV joints on a 89 Buick Park Ave. The Midas shop quoted me $ 500 to do the job. Isn't this very high ?

My personal opinion is to not let midas look at my car .. let alone work on it .. but that's just me

Generally speaking it is usually cheaper to install a remanufactured half-shaft then to replace individual CV joints. Get a price on those from a local parts store, then decide for yourself if the shop is charging a fair price. GW
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes, that is high. It should cost about $300 to $350.
The way that Midas works is that they quote a high price, then if you start to walk out, they cut the price a bit so that you think that you are getting a deal. They'll say something like "we're trying to justify keeping this location open, so we'll give you 10% off". If the customer bites, then they're still making a killing.