Dash brake light on

Hi! The red "BRAKE" light on my 2000 Cavalier is lighting up from time to time. The parking brake is not on, I have checked. It just came on now,
roughly 6,000 miles since my last brake job was completed. Where is the adjustment located for the light switch? Can anyone advise me of that?
Thanks!
First thing I would do is get in the car, turn ignition to "RUN" position. During "bulb test", ABS light should come on. If not, you either don't have ABS, or there is a problem with the ABS light circuit.
If that is all good, check brake fluid level. If low, add fluid and check for leaks.
Start there, then come back with more data. ;)
Steve

Hi Steve.
The ABS light goes right out. This is the light that indicates the PARKING brake is on. I was just wondering how to adjust that. Brake fluid is OK, just checked it.
Thanks.

There is no "adjustment".
I was watching a TV show today on which a doctor was heard to say, "don't come to my office with a self diagnosis, come to me with the symptoms and I'll decide what the problem is." Treat your mechanic the same way.
Sounds like there is wiring problems or maybe switch mounting is loose. If you say everything else is fine, pull the centre console out and check the physical condition of the switch and wiring.
Steve

The brake warning light is a dual purpose light. In addition to identifying that the emergency brake is applied, it ALSO signals a main brake system failure of some type. Since you've ruled out the emergency brake, get the car in the shop for a brake system diagnosis.