Day 2 / Jap Parts in My Park Avenue.

While looking around under the hood of my 05 Park Avenue I see a decal on the alternator with a serial number, GM letters, the word Denso and Made In Japan at the bottom of the decal.

I bought a gallon of Dex-Fool___ oops Dex-Cool. The other parts guy at Chevy told me to keep & eye on the stuff. I told him I was well versed on the problems.

He even suggested yearly flushes. I said No, No this stuff is good for

150,000 miles or five years. He said if you left in that long you'd never get it out. We had a good laugh.

I flushed my bottle out when I got home, It was a bit low, plus looked cruddy where the level had been till it dropped.

I just can't believe all the aluminum suspension parts on this car. Big Al told me to rotate the tires before going to Tennessee next week - they didn't look or feel like they've been rotated.

Got harassed by a forest preserve copper today. There is one picnic grove with a gravel U shape drive way. no curbs, or concrete pillars to keep cars you from driving on the grass.

For over 20 years I've been going here photographing different cars on the grass. I drove up slow, no wheel spinning, grass was freshly cut, so no threat of a grass fire. I told the guy the farmer size tractors pulling the grass cutter does more damage to the lawn than a car. We had a few more words and he told me to get out of here.

Harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

You drive a Buick now, Harry. You will have to get used to that sort of thing.

Reply to
« Paul =?is

Reply to
clevere

Reply to
clevere

Tennessee? If you're anywhere near Nashville, give me a call. I'm in the book.

There are cops and then there are cops.

I have a 1990 Buick Century Limited 3.3L V6 with 161,800 miles on it. As best I can tell from CarFax, I'm the 3rd owner. I bought it last year and have replaced a harmonic balancer, the radiator, and the brakes. Other than a droopy headliner, the interior is in good shape as is the body. The original pinstriping is intact and only the flat black trim is faded/worn. It burns no oil and the engine is quiet at idle and pulls well to and at speed. 16-17 mpg around town, 27 on the road. Left rear tail/turn/brake light has a mind of its own.

Reply to
Kent Finnell

You made Barney Fife's day. Your just lucky he did not have to use his only bullet........ ;)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz