day time lights

Page 2 of 11
PerfectReign wrote:

This link contains the chart and data summary in English: http://www.dadrl.org.uk/whatsnew.html

Sharon - you accused Edwin of cherry picking, yet that is precisely what this site does. Look at the complete set of numbers and you will see that they very well cherry pick dates they wish you to focus on in order to bolster their point. Yet, right there on the chart are other numbers that not only refute their point, but make it look nothing short of silly.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
wrote in message

He's cherry picking???? He posted the numbers for the years 96-06. How in the hell is that cherry picking? According to your reference site (an English language site would be nice for those of us that do not read the Cyrillic like you apparently do...), there was no "dramatic leap". But then that's not at all surprising since everything you've posted has been riddled with hyperbole and misdirection.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

OK Marlow, maybe you didn't see the follow-up post I did at 8:56 AM local time with the Bulgarian post in English. Text follows: http://www.dadrl.org.uk/whatsnew.html

Well Cooke, whether in English or in Bulgarian, the numbers speak for themselves and they still condemn your "cherry picking" comment to Edwin, regardless of the language they're in.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Well Marlow, Not only was Edwin "cherry picking", he was doing it BLIND, since the numbers weren't really attached to anything meaningful (a little test of mine). I then posted the entire chart in the native language of the person compiling, just to see how IT would be "analyzed" by the pro-DRL people; no surprises in either case! Now that the chart's in English, you can see that the numbers were in a general decline ANNUALY from 2002 thru 2005, and then a dramatic spike in Nov 2006 occurred with the introduction of DRLs for 16% MORE Collision deaths than the preceding years (2005) months of Nov-Dec. and a tabulation for the year (2006) of 8% MORE deaths than the preceding year (2005). Really, I honest-to-God do not know what makes pro-DRL people believe that those terribly annoying distracting things somehow make the roads and driving safer. I guess its an article of faith, like blowing yourself up to get to heaven.

What is the test for, to prove you don't know what you are talking about? YOU posted the numbers. YOU said they proved a mountain of bodies. YOU are the fool that cherry picked. Looks like your test backfired on you. I only used the numbers YOU provided.

They don't prove anything in either case, pro or con. It is a collection of numbers that went up and down with spikes much higher than that terrible year of 2006. Please, stop using meaningless numbers. You could post the daily temperature of Bulargia in August for the past 100 years and have the same result.

Could be, but I've never been distracted by them, harmed by them or any other bad thing. Nor have I seen a "mountain of bodies" on the road since they became standard of GM cars.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

If you need DRLs on other cars to see them, you may be driving OVER the dead bodies without knowing it, or maybe even unknowingly adding to the body count.
A study done by one person?
wrote in message

Mike,
Thanks for your comment. You are saying what? I don't see you presenting any "reasons" and "evidence", just more of the same attempt to break down others instead of coming up with a solid viewpoint to talk about.
Larry

What part of "I couldn't care less" is unclear? Some of my vehicles have DRL and some don't. Neither bother me with respect to that feature. It does not bother my tender little eyes to encounter another car on the road with DRL's on, and none have ever blinded me, nor caused me not to see them. Likewise, I have no trouble seeing cars that don't have DRL's on. The entire discussion is nothing less than humorous to me. Much ado about nothing.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Well then Mike, stay out of the discussion. You are just spinning your wheels here, not contributing anything to the discussion, but just wasting space, I guess. If you truly don't care, then you would not have taken the time to comment.
God bless,
Larry

Zealots like you are funny Larry. You come to places like this to stir some pot of crap that is quite meaningless, and then do nothing but complain about any opinions that don't align with your own. And... you actually believe you have the power to tell anyone to stay out of a discussion in a usenet newsgroup? Do you even understand newsgroups? If you don't want contrary opinions, then don't bring your zeal into this forum. There is no discussion to contribute to Larry. You, Sharon, and any other advocate on either side has contributed nothing worthy of debate. Neither side has enough real ground to stand on. Both sides have fabricated meaningless mind exercises in vain attempt to justify their position. When you do that in a public forum, you should learn to expect that it will receive comment.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.netx

Zealot, what an interesting label for those that disagree with you, hmmm. Well sir, the only pot stirrer is you, what exactly are you talking about here? I can't tell what meaningful thing you are debating, other than lashing out at people that don't agree with you. Your multiple posts have been attack posts and have brought forth nothing to shore up whatever you are talking about??
Yep, this is Usenet and likewise, you can't shut us up by declaring some kind of moral superiority by out-yelling everyone, LOL.

You seem to need a reminder Larry - I have no dog in this fight. I don't care one way or another about DRL's. If my car or the cars that others drive have them, fine. If they don't fine. My comments have been strictly related to the bogus claims the zealots like yourself and Sharon have brought into this group. If you don't like that others do not simply accept everything you post - then post something of substance. The mere act of you posting a thought does not make it a legitimate claim. The one with the difficulty in accepting the position of others is you Larry - you seem to have a great deal of difficulty in others not simply bowing to your position.

An excellent point Larry - one worthy of your time. Please consider the one doing the most yelling - that would be you.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, hmmm did some one say something.

Gee, I think you may be correct. Mike, as spoke by Larry, you are herby grounded from Usenet for a period of 2 weeks...Larry, we all appreciate your dedication, and I look forward to seeing who you allow and disallow to participate in the future.

LOL, I thought you said that you lost and that you were taking your toys and going home. Well, since you are staying in the discussion, please fill us in on why you don't care how your actions affect other drivers. And, the biggie, why you are still hanging around if the subject doesn't mean anything.
If this is such a waste of time, why are you here and keeping this thread alive, hmmm?

I do not recall saying anything of the sort.

I have seen no evidence that my use of DRL's affect's other drivers. No one I know of has complained about them, and (as I have stated, here in Canada, they are mandatory), I see them every day, and also have no complaints about them.

This is Usenet. No discussion is a waste of time. That's why most of us are here. You know, I honestly don't have a problem with you not liking DRL's. That is your choice. You paid for the car, so do with it as you please. What I do mind is you (and Sharon) stating that DRL's kill people, create mountain's of body's, blind people, cause accidents, etc, etc, etc. Why do I mind? Because I know it's not true. As you know, here in Canada DRL's are mandatory, and yet, they don't blind me, they don't make me see things that aren't there, and I have never heard of an accident caused by them. Like I said, you can like and dislike what you choose, but the "points" you have given hardly prove anything. Several I could use to say seat-belt's are bad, or air bags (both of which have been proven to have caused death). Do you dislike those as well?

Everything you say is based solely on how you feel about it or on what people have stated to you individually. There is a bigger world out here and there are people that do complain about DRL's. Just because you don't see it personally does not mean it does not exist and that you can tell those who are offended to just shut up, hmmm.