day time lights

Page 7 of 11  


Mike,
You totally twisted what I said. The comment on intellectual discussions related to people who are pro and con and not just those that agree with me. In no way did I attack others as those that I mentioned had, I am sorry that you read it that way, but I guess you wanted to, oh well.
Cheers,
Larry
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The intellectual dishonesty I made reference to Larry was very much like that exhibited in this response. You completely snipped all of the inserted responses where I demonstrated your behavior to have been exactly that which you were beating others up about, and elected to leave in only a comment that you could freely make any claim you wished. Sorry Larry - you lose another round.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Stop debating or punching in the air, it does not suit you. You are trying to put words in my mouth, I clearly stated that the intellectual comment was in reference to people who agree and who disagree with me, enough said on that.
You want to act like I am just another clone of you, so bad it hurts. Well sir, I am not like you. Thanks for your time, please drive through, nothing more to see here.
The Mike show has veered off the tracks folks, I don't know if he can remember what we were talking about, LOL :)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

That has to be the biggest copout I have ever heard. Basically, you are saying you have no points that make sense, you have no information that makes sense, and everyone should dislike the DRL's because you do.

I never claimed to speak for all Canadians. You need to realize that DRL's aren't some big conspiracy to help the terrorists, or to be used as population control.

You know, something I can't grasp is why in the world we live in, with all that is wrong, are you so adamant about getting rid of DRL's? Why not find a good cause, and put your energy into that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

:), LOL, enough said. You expect people to respond to you seriously? It would be best if you would take a moment and reflect on why you are so combative. You see, in truth, there is no way to hold a conversation with you, you don't take anyone serious, except yourself. You continue to bad mouth others as if they are idiots, are you that much better than everyone else? I guess you just enjoy the attention, because you clearly just want to fight and make a spectacle of yourself.
Your comments do not changes the facts, whether pro or con. Other folks, who are not playing games, understand what was said and your comments do not negate this.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

80 Knight - combative??? Now that's rich! You should probably spend a little time in a group before making such funny comments. You jokester, you.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Don't have to, he was real easy to read. Through your repeated posts, it is becoming easy to read you, as well.
People don't have to get acquainted with everyone to post, this isn't a closed group, sorry.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Actually, Mike is one of the most respected and knowledgeable people in this group.

You are correct, it's not a closed group. However, it is only common courtesy to try and get to know the group, the people in it, and how they operate before making an ass of yourself.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Well, then why are you guys the ones who are not showing courtesy in any way?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Grab a clue. We have questioned many of your arguments, yet you can't answer back. You snip important text out of a post, and respond to only what you wish to. You have made an ass of yourself, Larry, and after you do that, don't expect to be taken too seriously until you prove you are worth it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Don't expect anyone to take you seriously either sir.
A reminder: This thread is a discussion of the pro, cons or indifference towards daytime running lights.
Your comment is a personal attack and will not be addressed. If you would like to carry out an intellectual discussion on the actual topic, feel free. Any future personal attacks will be thoroughly ignored.
Thanks for your time and God bless
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Once again, in other words: "I have no valid points. I can name-call, but no one else can. I can't debate at all. And, of course, I am right, and anyone who disagrees is wrong." You want to talk about DRL's? I have owned 9 cars in my lifetime. All but one (an '82) had driving lights. Everyone I know who owns a vehicle, has driving lights. I see them everyday, and don't have a problem with them. I talk to many people every day, and they don't have problems with them. I watch/listen/read the news, and have not seen/heard/read of any problems with them. All I have see is your "points", and they have been shot down. Care to make anymore?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I am glad to know about your experiences in Canada. Down here in the U.S., not everyone has them and a high number of people around here disable them. The majority of U.S. spec cars do not come with DRLs, did you realize this? By the way, my truck and my wife's car originally came with DRLs but we had them disabled :). As I have stated before, you cannot draw conclusions about the facts on the basis of your own personal experiences. I am glad you enjoy the lights in Canada, good deal. Here in the U.S., it is different and that is why we are talking specifically about the U.S. market. So, I appreciate your perspective, thanks for being succinct and to the point.
I did visit Canada in 93 and did experience glare. Of course that is attributed to me personally but my theory is that when you get people used to something they begin to accept it as normal when if given a true choice they might think otherwise. But, I am not going to delve into the mindset of Canada.
Thanks,
Larry
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message <Snip>

Wrong. For starters, you have not given any "facts". For seconds, if you say to me, "DRL's cause momentary blindness" I *can* draw a conclusion from my personal experiences.

As I have stated, I do not enjoy nor dislike the DRL's. They are built into the car, and I don't have a problem with that.

How is it different in the US? How can you know more about the effects of something that *I* see everyday, yet you don't?

Honestly, I doubt many even think of it. I have never encountered someone with such an attitude towards tiny lights as yourself. Never anyone with such a desire to get rid of something that doesn't even really do much.

Good.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

LOL, ok sure. No one has any facts, I guess :).

Cool, I understand your position on that.

Well, in some unknown way (actually glare is a good starting point) the situation is different here. That has been established. What you perceive in your area is not what is seen in mine, that is obvious.

Correct, it doesn't do much, but has a tendency to irritate others. You could care less either way, so why worry about it. The kind thing is to stop irritating people with something that doesn't amount to a hill of beans. That is the point, it does irritate and offend people who are trying to drive safely (here in the USA), so it should go. I know you are neutral about it, I don't expect you to endorse a viewpoint either way.

LOL :)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I can converse quite fine, providing the other parties can give information that makes sense.

In other words, "I've lost, pitifully, so I will try and make you feel for me now".

I 'understand' all of your points. The only problem is they don't make sense. Your numbers, your reasoning...none of it makes any sense...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

They don't make sense to you because you don't care and you don't want them to. You would rather live in blissful denial that your actions do affect others. Classic lack of debate skills or any facts that help you to be taken seriously. Thanks for playing.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Not at all. I would love for you to post some points that make sense, but, you think you are right, and anyone who disagrees are "dumb". Where are the debating skills there?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

That won't happen. It has not happened throughout this "discussion", and it surely won't in the future. Zealots don't make points - they make claims. Then... they whine, accuse and attack when others question the basis for their position. As you well note 80 Knight, for all of Larry's whining about lack of real debate, he has not debated one single point. His assertions have been challenged, and his response to those challenges has been to attack the challenger. When one does not have a defense, one resorts to attacking the challenger - now that's quite a debating skill, isn't it?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I also wonder where he came from. It seems odd to me that someone would join this automotive group, only to complain about DRL's. Especially as I see he has made no other posts. But, I guess everyone needs a hobby.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.