DCT code for 1994 Geo Metro

I have a check engine light on in our 1994 Geo Metro. How can I read the diag code?

Remove spare fuse from fuse block and insert into DIAG SW connector terminal. Turn ignition to "RUN" and count MIL flashes.
OR
Connect jumper wire between terminal 2 and 4 on DLC. Turn ignition to "RUN" and count flashes.
Steve

Thanks!! That sounds simple and easy, except for one thing--I am not sure what MIL flashes are. Does 'MIL' refer to some dash light?

That one is also just a bit too technical for me. I do not know what the DLC is. I assume a jumper wire is a plain wire, connecting the two pins? Are they the same two pins I would have connected with the fuse in the first option?

the
Check engine light. I think you should go pick up a Haynes manual. It will describe how to do it in there. They're only. $15-$20.
Steve

Cool, thanks! I have a Chilton's for the car. Usually I buy Haynes manuals for my cars. I can't remember why I bought this Chilton's.
MIL = Malfunction Indicator Lamp DLC = Diagnostic Link Connector (I think)
On Tue, 30 May 2006 17:31:51 -0500, "Adam Corolla"

Thanks!

I connected a spare fuse to the DIAG socket and got the codes. Never imagined it would be so easy. Thanks!!