Dealer Question

Has anyone done this or know if a dealership will do this.

I owe $15,000 on 2 cars (total or $7500 each). Blue book on both is almost twice that. I'm looking to get a new car that is cheaper (5-6K) I want to Trade in my 2 cars to a dealership for atleast what I owe if not abit more towards the car I find I want from them, then get a small loan for the rest. Does anyone know if a dealership would do this type of trade?

My cars:

99'Jeep Wrangler Sport 99' BMW 528i

Looking at possibly:

99-00 GTP
Reply to
Branden Nelsen

You will always be further ahead financially if you just sell the two vehicles privately. Sure, the dealership will give you a trade on two vehicles...but they will rape you in the process. That's what they do, buy low, sell high.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Yeah..

I guess all im wanting over all is maybe $8-9k each, abit over what i owe to go towards the new car. Ive tried to sell them privately but i have the worst luck in that apparently :(

-Branden

Reply to
Branden Nelsen

Sure, they'd accept your kids in trade too. Maybe not your mother-in-law; even car dealers have some standards.

Most any dealer will do anything to make a sale.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski