Detroit auto makers try some new tricks

Page 8 of 16
wrote:

I don't pump other people's gas.
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 02:56:57 GMT, aarcuda69062

I didn't ask that. She may do the same, or you may live in a full service gas area where attendants keep restarting the pump.
So, do you keep topping off after the second auto-stop?

No, on the 99 Camry that practice can lead to codes, such as P441 being activated.

Absolutely. The practice also ruins evaporator canisters,
The company I work for owns 120,000+ vehicles, including zero Toyotas. We go through lots of canisters, because people like to squeeze every last drop of gas into the tank so they don't have to refuel as often.
This dosen't at all mean that Toyota canisters might not stink, only that overfilling tanks on a regular basis will ruin them, regardless of the brand of car.

Toyotas chronic problems with EVAP canisters doesn't stem from overfilling the fuel tank.
I guess you just needed your chance to offer something that you knew about your company's 120,000+ vehicle fleet.
Bonehenge (B A R R Y) wrote:

Sounds like a poor design to me, if such a simple and common practice can damage an emission component.
Steve wrote:

I agree, and it can happen on many, if not most, car brands.
B A R R Y wrote:

None that I've ever owned.
Steve wrote:

Therefore, it can't POSSIBLY be true! ;^)
<http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=gas+tank+charcoal+overfill&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&
B A R R Y wrote:

Never said that. Just that I don't buy cheesy cars :-p

Lookit that Steve, I guess he figures that you don't know or understand anything about evaporative emissions canisters...

What you asked was irrelevant to my situation.

She doesn't. She was instructed a few decades ago as to the problems it causes.

This area has few if any full service gas stations. Toyota EVAP failures area a common problem that have not been corrected.

I don't on either one of my Dodges, nor does my wife. On my Plymouth, it wouldn't matter except for getting a wet and highly flammable foot.
On Sep 18, 8:16 pm, "Wickeddoll"

OK, how about the engine problems the Tundras have been having?

"Wickeddoll" wrote:

OK, how about the TI@@ne problems the Tundras have been having?
Coach Rose
Show some proof that Toyota blamed the customer.
Natalie
On Sep 20, 6:26 pm, "Wickeddoll"

Guess they are following in the footsteps of GM then, arent they?

"Wickeddoll" wrote:

Guess they are following in the footsteps of GM then, arent they?
Forgive me, but WTF does that mean?
Natalie
On Sep 21, 12:47 am, "Wickeddoll"

I'll try to type slowly so every one can understand.There are those out there who used to accuse GM of blaming the consumer when something goes wrong with their vehicle. It seems they think that the consumer should suspect when something is wrong with their car and should do something about it, instead of waiting for GM to contact them about the problem. This has been suggested for the past 20 years or so.
Fast forward to 2007. It seems as if the Toyota Tundra' s are having a lot of problems with their engines.Toyotya is saying the engines are fine, the consumers are somehow doing something to cause thsese engine failures, just the same as GM used to do.

Weh, Duh! What idiot would buy a truck from an economy car manufacturer? Kind of like getting a gynecological exam from a dentist. He may be a doctor but it's a completely different speciality.
Ted
"Wickeddoll"

I'll try to type slowly so every one can understand.There are those out there who used to accuse GM of blaming the consumer when something goes wrong with their vehicle. It seems they think that the consumer should suspect when something is wrong with their car and should do something about it, instead of waiting for GM to contact them about the problem. This has been suggested for the past 20 years or so.
Fast forward to 2007. It seems as if the Toyota Tundra' s are having a lot of problems with their engines.Toyotya is saying the engines are fine, the consumers are somehow doing something to cause thsese engine failures, just the same as GM used to do.
***No need to be insulting. You could have just said that in the first place.
Natalie

I'll give you credit here. You at least admit that Toyota's and Nissan's DO have defects, while there are some here who claim they NEVER have anythng go wrong with them.