DexCool, again

Trying to keep the last thread alive, I went back to WalMart today and checked even the generic antifreezes. EVERYTHING on their shelf claims total compatibility with DexCool.

I just drained the green stuff out of my van today, and will make dilutions with Dexcool to see what happens, both cool and hot.

Will try to shed some more light on this.

Reply to
<HLS

Should be an interesting experiment. What about thowing in some iron and aluminum nails in one container and see what happens?

Reply to
PauL

Could do. The old green antifreeze has been drained out of my car. I found no new "green" material at WalMart.

I think that my experiment will be much like a Mythbuster episode (simple tests, nothing rigidly conclusive) but it should be interesting in any case

Reply to
<HLS