Dexcool is oily

When I did cleanup of some drops spilled on the ground, I surprisingly know the Dexcool coolant is so oily. How can we tell if any engine oil gets into
coolant tank due to head gasket leak? Both are oil...

know
into
Color and appearance. All antifreeze feels oily.
Dave
yeah and if there is oil in the antifreeze, it will foam also.

know
into
Dexcool is NOT oil.. It is water soluble. You can put a drop or a shotglass of Dexcool into water and it should integrate. If it floats, you have an issue.
Thanks. So this must be a reliable and easy way to check if oil in coolant from head gasket leak.