dexcool or not ?

That's what I've always heard on the group here as well.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

I'll keep this simple. No!

Reply to
MisterSkippy

Yo mus be shidden Me, Boy. You are clearly challenged. You have my sympathy, however that being said you are wrong. You are wrong and wrong again on a number of counts but primarily, that the 3.1 Litre V6 engine is iron. Its true that they are out there in a number of variations, its primarily available as a all-aluminium (casted block and heads) since around 1996. Cast aluminium block with steel heads prior to 1996. GM Minivans with 3.1/3.4 had iron blocks until 1998/9, I would guess.

Here is a link to the

is the L-82 crate replacement for the engine in my Buick. Why don't you buyone and have it shipped to me then I will look at the waybill and tell you the weight. That way we will resolve this once and for all. Let me know if you need my addy!

Cheers

Reply to
Lazimodo

You're grasping at straws! The motor that you have linked in your post isn't the same block that comes in an OEM motor as a factory motor. The factory motor blocks are CAST IRON. Like your head.

Brian

This is the L-82 crate replacement for the engine in my Buick. Why don'tyou buy one and

Reply to
el Diablo

By the way, here is a link to the OEM motor, notice the block material, CAST IRON!

Brian

This is the L-82 crate replacement for the engine in my Buick. Why don'tyou buy one and

Reply to
el Diablo

I would like to offer you my condolences.....you are "indeed" dumber then the proverbial "sack of hammers".

Why do people do this on the internet. Instead of researching the facts before they open their yap.....they simply make incorrect assertions. I suppose anyone that knows me from my posts, knows that I hate this sort of thing. Unfortunately...it's almost an obsession with me (pointing out untrue things on these newsgroups) that probably irritates a lot of folks.

Anyway......have at her, Lazimodo. Hopefully, no one will make any decisions about automotive type things based on your stupidity!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

| I would like to offer you my condolences.....you are "indeed" dumber | then the proverbial "sack of hammers".

Thank you for caring. That's so rare, these days.

| Why do people do this on the internet. Instead of researching the | facts before they open their yap.....they simply make incorrect | assertions. I suppose anyone that knows me from my posts, knows | that I hate this sort of thing. Unfortunately...it's almost an obsession | with me (pointing out untrue things on these newsgroups) that probably | irritates a lot of folks.

The UUenet is a like a public highway. Any idiot can drive on it. Your'e here.

| Anyway......have at her, Lazimodo. Hopefully, no one will make | any decisions about automotive type things based on your stupidity!

I would leave that to you entirely. Your 'expert opinions' sometimes include information that is factually wrong and when challenged you (and your idiot buddy) go off on your droll laments about tangential crap that obscures your own error. You two must work a service-counter together somewhere.

At any rate, the point I originally made about coolant properties is even more valid in an engine that has iron block and aluminum heads, which some 3.1 GM engines do in fact have. The fact remains that the 3.1 is available in a number of block, head and intake configurations. My Buick is Alum/Alum/Alum alloy. Good Day.

Reply to
Lazimodo

My...how smart of you to make this observation. And it is true in the case of head gaskets, but I believe that we were discussing intake gaskets. I realize this is probably all quite over your head.

What year is your Buick, which model....what's the engine code? I've worked on the 60 degree v-6 engines since they first came out and I do not recall any of them having an aluminum block. If you can prove that they do....I'd be happy to admit I'm wrong.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai