Diesel Chevette on eBay

Hi Gang!

A super rare Diesel Chevette is for sale on eBay:

Let the assault begin.......

bobwatts EartH

Reply to
Robert E. Watts

I wonder why anyone would want one of those POS cars?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Not as rare as that AMC Gremlin I saw on the road today. Ofcourse, that car has value.

Reply to
JJ

I remember the guy that posted here that he wanted a diesel truck no matter what. Money and reliability were not his main concerns. Maybe the guy is a midget and had his first "experience" in the back of a Chevette. Or maybe he retired from the factory after he was no longer able to place the Coke cans in the doors (kidding). Like Joe Gerard said, "There's an ass for every seat."

Reply to
Al Bundy

YEAH !!

The "SHOVE-IT" and the VEGA are two prime examples of GM's screwing the American car buyer.

Reply to
Anonymous

I had one of those diesel Chevettes. Bought it new for one purpose only. I"d just gotten married, was down on money, and was working as an aircraft electrician for UPS. When the 727's rolled up, I always asked the flt. engineer if he'd had any fuel quantity problems. First thing you do with fuel quan. fluctuations is sump the tanks. I ran that Chevette on sumped Jet fuel for a couple of years. Made sure I kept my fuel filters changed, lost a couple miles per gallon, but you couldn't beat the price. And it started very, very easy in the winter. Turned out to be a good reliable little car, but wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a pig's ass. I kind of miss it.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

I remember a very " large " man that worked across the street from where I worked occasionally drive a orange Chevette Scooter 2 door. I think it was his wifes car. I also recall he drove a Crown Victoria.

Inside the Chevette he looked so cute filling up the interior space, but when he stepped out this was not a guy you wanted to mess with. He was

5' 5" , 300 + pounds, long black ponytail, ZZ Top beard, blue jeans with the chain swinging connected to the wallet, huge tattooed arms sticking out of his Harley Davidson T Shirt ripped apart at the sleeves like Paul Sr. wears at OCC.

In the Summer the guy rode a Harley to work.

His nic-name was Tiny.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

"wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a pig's ass." LMAO!!! That's a new one to me. I'm gonna use it tomorrow.

Reply to
StingRay