Differential Capacity

Found a differential cover gasket in the garage today for Momma's 91 Cadillac Brougham ( 5.7V8 ). I guess I must of bought it a long time ago.. What is the capacity of the differential. I figure I'd change it
before it gets to cold. I might change the trans oil tomorrow, changed the engine oil today. It only had 1000 miles on it since the last change in April.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~273,304 miles_~_~_
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Geezz, HF, I can't believe you didn't know this ...
There will be a fill hole with a pipe plug in it on the housing. Fill to just below the hole.
Dennis Smith
Dennis wrote:

The standard method used to be to stick your pinky finger into the hole. If you could feel diff oil, then it had enough.
---Bob Gross---
DS.
I had 3 RWD cars, I know all about the fill hole on the side of the differential & sticking the figer in to feel for the level or just fill till it pour out the side.
I asked how much does it hold. Believe it or not the damn owners manual actully told the capacity. 4.2 pints
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~273,304 miles_~_~_