dimmer control

After I changed floor consol gear selector bulb , the panel dimmer control is not adjusting PRNDL brightness. The PRNDL consol light is also non stop on , even in day time. Any idea what's wrong?

Chuck Oldsmobile Intrigue 1999

Reply to
All

Are all the other panel lights dimming as they should?

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Yes

Chuck

Reply to
All

Was the console light bulb always ON before you replaced it? Did it dim before you replaced it?

Try another bulb & see what happens.

Very strange problem indeed.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~289,164 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

The schematic for my wife's 2002 Intrigue shows a 0.5 GRY wire for the PRNDL light being fed from splice 203 which has a zillion other bulbs that are being dimmed simultaneously.

Is there any chance that you pinched a couple of wires together when you had the console apart?

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Console light was dimming before bulb replacement. GM does not carry light bulbs , so it is just a guess which one is right.

Thanks Chuck

Reply to
All