Direction of Oil Flow through Filter

Am I right? It looks to me like the oil flow on my 85 Caprice is the following :
Goes INTO the filter through the threaded pipe on mounting plate.
Goes through filter element and back OUT of the filter through the small holes on top of the filter, back into engine through spring- loaded antidrainback valve on the mounting plate.
Thanks in advance.