Disabling OnStar in Caddy

Just got a 2002 Caddy but it has Onstar installed. As far as I am concerned OnStar is Big Bro. I do not want it in my car. Is there an easy way to disable Onstar in an 02 Caddilac? If there's a
connector one may un-plug this would be great. DIY Ideas anyone ?
Michael 544 wrote:

That doesn't disable the on-board system, which sounds like what his concern is.
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:28:58 -0500, "James C. Reeves"

So what. I bet there's a clause in the contract for the service regarding use of information that can be obtained through the service. Should the vehicle owner not sign a contract and information obtained through the OnStar system is used in a criminal case against them, they probably stand a good chance of getting any charges dropped. At the least, that information is inadmissable, they never gave permission to GM, or anyone, to make use of the system.
To answer the actual question, I'm pretty sure there's an OnStar module that can be unplugged, or the antenna can be disconnected from whatever module it plugs into. This will, of course, disable the personal calling feature.
That has never stopped the Department of Homeland Security, look at the illegal wiretap case.
If a person has your VIN number calls DHS and says you have a bomb in your car they can immediately track and disable your vehicle, evidence or not.
TM

nbt wrote:

Do you have any evidence to back your assertion?
John
I don't blame you in the least for not wanting this active, as I will never own a car that has Onstar in it. Eventually they want to use the GPS and ESN to charge you tax for every mile you drive in your car. If you disable the system the state installs in your car for tax purposes, (for cars w/o onstar) the car will stop running after one hour should the GPS array not call the mother computer. This system is based on the toll tag system (EZTAG here in Texas) they want to eliminate toll booths altogether on existing toll roads and accept no coins, toll tag only or you don't drive. The gasoline tax is not enough for them, especially with the more fuel efficient hybrid cars and upcoming fuel cell vehicles.
Here is a little insight to the new tolls in Texas
http://www.texastollparty.com/index.php?direct=1
Then this will condemn large parcels of land
http://www.keeptexasmoving.org /
http://www.corridorwatch.org/ttc/index.htm
This will prove that this is not a chicken little scenario
TM

This system is based on the toll tag system

Don't vote for the SOB. We have some of the sorriest excuses for public servants in Texas that the world has ever seen.
You can't stop progress, but we have, and have always had, a bunch of self serving, lobbyist kissing, scumbags.
Vote Kinky
I will be voting for Kinky, I hope there are a lot more sleeper votes out there for him too.
TM