Disengaging passenger air bag on a (CDN) Cavalier 2004

I have a loaner car while the Venture is being repaired. The issue is that it has airbags up front and I have 4 kids. I am forced to have my 10 year old sit up front and I do not want to
have the airbag deploy. Before one says that kids should not be in the front, I know that but I have no other choice! Here, in Ontario, it is legal to do so, nevertheless, if the kid is a certain weight and height. My oldest is. But I do not want the airbag to deploy
Ok, so I need to temporarely disengaged the passenger airbag. How can I do so? Is it possible? I do not have the onwer manual because the dealer did not include it in the loaner.
Thanks
Not possible for a laymen, have him sit as far back as possible, belted of course, in the US gen111 bags have a less severe deployment speed.

-
Buddy take the car back to the shop and have them disarm the bag , I have set off bags, accidentally they are extremely dangerous to handle will give an adult an nasty blow and bad case of sun burn.
Rey

Or go back to the shop and ask for a loaner comparable to what you took in. Not because you WANT it, but because you NEED it for the safety of your children...

u could always pull the fuse but that would leave driver unprotected also. other than that you might be able to get to pigtail from pass. airbag by removing pass. hush panel. circuit will have large tags on wires at connector declaring it an airbag circuit.........kjun
That will set an air bag code which will disarm the entire system.

-

Thanks for all who replied. I guess we will make due and find a way to do two trips or ask a friend to help, or something. I definitely do not want to risk the life of my children, I was just hoping it would as easy as turning off a switch or something.
Thanks again.

Not legal for YOU to do. It is only legal for the OWNER of the vehicle to disarm the airbags. Plus it is a PIA to disable them in many vehicles that are not designed that way in advance.
You might be able to talk to the folks who loaned it to you about shutting them off. But they may not want the liability either.
-

Thanks. I gave up on trying to do anything. I got a friend to help when we need to go around.
I called the dealer and politely ask, then demanded, a minivan as a loaner, as it was suggested by another poster. They basically laught at my face and said no. They told me a 2 day repair. But it is taking 7 days+. I suspect that this is because it is rust warranty repair and they are not paid full rate by GM so I am waiting and waiting. Thanks anyway.