Dissappointed in the 350

44K I think is what your referring to, it's manufactured by BG Products. It's great stuff.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

Not true, I have a 1999 K1500 (not Silverado) that has a factory 5.7 liter in it. They consider this the early 99 as it looks like a 1998. The Silverado is considered the new 99 body and they came out in mid 1999 with the 4.8 and 5.3 liter. Mine was made in November of 1998.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

yep, that's the stuff... there was this poster on the wall showing how clean it made the valves after using the stuff.. Damn, I've got a couple engines that could probably benefit from that stuff. Too bad the guy went out of business...

He also had a stockpile of this platinum-metering system for gasoline cars with carburetors... it would mix platinum with the fuel and supposedly made you get better gas mileage...

Reply to
Celica Dude

No I shouldn't go see them. They should just go play there silly little gook games and leave my economy alone.

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

You mean red necks have been making toyotas excellent for the last 20 years.

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

So it's a model year 99 with a 98 body style and a "classic" SBC in it? Argh. You mean you could get a 99 Chev/GMC fullsize truck with both body styles and both engine series? Boy, isn't that going to be fun when trying to get parts in a few years...

Ray

Reply to
ray

No, I mean Toyota has been making excellent trucks. If they weren't excellent, parts would break more often and rednecks couldn't have as much fun.... sorta like with GM trucks! ;)

Reply to
Celica Dude

I was under the impression that GM offered the 2500 series and up as the classic body in 99 and maybe 2000. The 350 was the base engine in these trucks...

Reply to
Mike Levy

Not a big deal, as long as you can read the manufacture date. Most parts books list an early and a late part if there is a differance.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

"KJ" wrote

Hey KJ....you know what? If you want to dislike the Japanese automobiles that's one thing. There's no reason to start using racist language. I'm not a particularly politically correct person myself, but you really only show your ignorance and misplaced hatred when you use the term "gook". That term does not apply to the Japanese.

I also grew up in an Asian country, have many Asian friends, and other friends of all sorts of nationalities. Perhaps you don't know any people other then white Americans, but there are plenty of them around, and they have the exact same ratio of idiots to good folk as do white Americans.

The Japanese aren't destroying your economy, you guys are doing it to yourselves, your own government. Big business has to make everything affordable for you the consumer while being profitable, so they ship jobs overseas. Pretty simple math in a capitalistic society.

Plus, you guys (and so do we) are letting the people that run big business get a way with all sorts of crooked stuff. They should be thrown in the hoosegow for a "long" time.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

You are correct, anybody remember Enron?

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

But the problems will start to happen in 5 years when the local car parts place doesn't list early/late anymore and starts to blend the catalog together - new style oil filter, old style spark plug wires and you're the second owner... it just ends up being a pain whenever you need parts and it always takes two trips...

I owned an 82 Plymouth Caravelle. In the USA, that was a K-Car - FWD

4cyl. In Canada (where I live) it was a RWD V8 (Plymouth Gran Fury) or a k-Car... so parts shopping was always a blast... eventually you got to looking up parts for a Dodge Diplomat instead...

Ray

Reply to
ray

Did that happen this week? What's Enron?

:)

Reply to
Celica Dude