do these holes have a purpose?

On the dashboard of my 2003 Buick LeSabre there is a circle of 8 small holes around a center hole located to the right of the steering wheel. Why are they there?
Thanks!
Billoc5097 wrote:

Microphone. Used by the OnStar system or by hands-free cell phone which is part of it.
---Bob Gross---
Explain, then, why the same holes are in the same location on my mother's Regal that has no Onstar or cell-phone hook-up. I was told it was for the automatic climate control.
On 10 Aug 2003 16:15:36 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Robertwgross) wrote:

Mike
Those holes on the Regal dash may serve a dual purpose ?
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_

holes
part
Can't be. We have a 2001 LeSabre without OnStar or the cell phone. Or maybe it's just the standard thing that goes into all the LeSabres so GM doesn't have to make 2 different dashes ?
An eight hour clock?
mike