Dodge Challenger

Page 1 of 2
Anyone see the artist drawings of the Challenger that Dodge will likely produce as a fail to the Mustang?
The thing will sell like crazy with engine options ranging from a V6 to a
425 hp "Hemi".
And, Mr. Lutz, what do you have on the showroom floor or at least on the drawing boards to sell to the driving enthusiast who can't swing a Corvette and will not buy the fake GTO Mondeo?
Precisely nothing. Oh yeah, you do have the stupid, whatever it's called, fake pickup truck thing with the convertible top that no one wants to buy. Whoever approved that waste of development money ought to be fired immediately if not sooner.
If Chrysler does this Challenger right, it may be the replacement for my BMW 330i in a few years.
GRL

I guess you haven't seen the up-coming camero then...

There bringing back the Camaro? What about the Trans Am?
80 Knight wrote:

Just got my Hemmings Muscle Machines yesterday, one of the columnists was discussing this. Apparently you're not going to get any hard info, but the buzz is it may be back for '06.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

That would make my day. :)

Hopefully with a 427 in it.
Roy

was
A 427?...I might go for a 427 as long as it uses the same technology as the NorthStar V8 with the 4-6-8 cylinders adjustment allowing me to cruise on just 4 cylinders getting 30 miles per gallon until I step into it.
Muhammed Mustafo Goldstein Jr wrote:

Wha-a-a-a-t???? Screww the NorthStar engine! You don't like the smallblock 427 in the 2006 Z06 Corvette? It's 505 h.p. and gets over 30 m.p.g. highway if you use 6th gear.

the
on
How many people want to lugging the engine in 6th gear doing 55 or 60 down the highway. 6th gear is probably good at 75+.
You really wouldn't drive the new Z06 in 6th gear at 55 or 60 m.p.h. If you did, you don't deserve to own the car. Even at 75 m.p.h., 4th or 5th gear are far more fun!
Muhammed Mustafo O'Goldstein Jr wrote:
Wha-a-a-a-t???? Screww the NorthStar engine! You don't like the smallblock 427 in the 2006 Z06 Corvette? It's 505 h.p. and gets over 30 m.p.g. highway if you use 6th gear.

columnists
info, but

technology
cruise on

30
The CrapStar engine? That thing is only the second real POS from Cadillac, the first was the original 8-6-4. Talk to someone who has had to work on one.
-
No. And I don't recall seeing any indication of such a thing in any of the car books. GM just put a hold on the platform it might have been built on. Existing platforms are too expensive. So...will it be front-wheel drive?
- GRL

Take a look at what's on the drawing board if it's still up and hasn't been removed.
http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=0&fID=0&tIDe937&bottom

The Mondeo is a Ford product from Europe.
The Monaro is the Aussie car the GTO is based on.

Guess you haven't heard about the Camaro coming back.
You're right. I keep confusing the names. The Monaro is an extremely good super sports sedan, but it is no GTO. They should have marketed it as what it is instead of calling it what it never could be.
GRL wrote:

Why do you hate the GTO so much? My only complaint about it is the price, who cares if it's an Aussie car, it's better than anything GM has come out with here in the US in the last 30 years.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Especially now that they have added some of the "legacy" GTO elements to the design. I haven't looked at the sales numbers lately. Have they improved this past year?
James C. Reeves wrote:

I have finally started to see a couple "in the wild" but I don't think we can call this any kind of success, sadly.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Corvette
called,
buy.
BMW
That can be explained in 5 letters U-G-L-E-Y