Dodge Challenger

Page 2 of 2
Muhammed Mustafo Goldstein Jr wrote:

I don't think it's ugly, just kind of bland looking... and that's fine by me, I don't really want to look like I'm driving a "hot" car even if I am. No sense attracting the attention of the local constabulary...
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
GRL wrote:

It will end up with 4 doors and window sills so high that you will have to stretch to see out of the side windows.

I hope it looks better than Charger. Entirely to much going on in the styling of the charger. Plus it should have been a coupe. Hot rod 4 doors look so silly.
Heh, heh, heh! Now seriously, anything but the PT Cruiser looks better! ;-)
The Challenger drawings bring back a lot of memories of the early Challengers, right down to the misnomer "Hemi". The originals of course offered a real Hemi option, whereas the modern iteration of the Hemi is, in fact, not a real Hemi. While it has the plugs in the center of the valve covers, the heads themselves do not have hemispherical combustion chambers. It was these hemispherical combustion chambers that gave rise to the shortened "Hemi" moniker. Having gotten that off my chest, the new 5.7 liter Chrysler engine and its derivatives are producing a goodly amount of horsepower and would appear to be a strong performing engine.
The GTO was borne from the Holden Monaro, not the Ford Mondeo!!!
The "fake pickup truck thing with the convertible top that no one wants to buy" is presumably the Chevy SSR and while you're knocking it, I strongly suspect that you've never driven one. I have yet to meet anyone who has ever driven a muscle car that didn't have some level of appreciation for the SSR. It's not a rocket, but it's fun to drive and catches a lot more attention at automotive gatherings than, oh say the BMW 330i, which looks remarkably similar to a VW Passat. At least a Passat has 280 h.p. available, compared to a relatively anaemic 255 h.p. in the 330i. Which brings us to your last point GRL, no offense intended, but it would seem a little, shall we say "out of profile" for someone driving a yuppymobile to hop behind the wheel of a muscle car, with 170 more h.p. With all due respect GRL, I'd have to suggest that you're not ready for a muscle car. I'd strongly suggest that you work your way up to it, with say a Passat being more appropriate for your next h.p. step up.