Does Anyone Make a Kit for a Pontiac G6/ Hyundai Engine Swap?

I was thinking of ordering a G6 GTP Convertible with the 3.9 227hp Engine. I also know that Hyundai offers a smaller v6 that they use in the 2006 Azera SE family Sedan. That Hyundai 3.8 is a 24 valve 263 hp with 255 lbs of Torque. Its a smaller engine and more advanced than pontiacs and putting out a lot more power at a cheaper cost and better gas mileage. I want the G6 but later want to drop the Hyundai engine in it, but want to know if anyone makes such a kit to make it easier. I think this is feasible, but I also may just wait a few more years until GM advances the technology of their engines.

Reply to
Homie Jay Simpson

I think you are one of a very few people that would want to make that change. I doubt a kit exists as there would be few sales of it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Now that sounds just like the thinking of the good old days. How many of us found ourselves in the relentless search for horsepower back in the 60's and

70's, and spent countless hours bento over engine compartments making Chevy motors fit into just about everything else.

Alas - those were the good old days. Not so easy today. Things fit tighter today and engine compartments are pretty much molded around the engine these days. Then there's the whole issue of engine management. Engines today have to be attached to the computer they were designed to run with or things just don't go boom in the right order, or at the right time.

I don't believe there is a practical way to do what you suggest. Not to say that with enough persistence and cash you couldn't make it work, but it won't be worth the effort.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Try EBAY......

Reply to
hdd

Buy the Hyundai Azera, remove the labels, and put Pontiac wheel-covers and stickers on it.

Reply to
Anonymous

JC Whitney sells that kit! I saw it on page 34. Its called the H.O. Hyundai to G6 kit. It sells for only $24.99.

Reply to
The Bonesman

Years? GM has enough of those left?? Don't count on it. Buy the Azera if you want the Hyundai engine.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

You can still do this kind of stuff with modern cars, but nobody does. Ordinary cars are so high-performance and so reliable that there's not as much reason to mess with them at all.

Reply to
Joe

You shouldn't have snipped the rest of my post. You know - the part where I said with enough time and money you could do it today. As to high performance today - bah! Some come right off the showroom floor as real high performers, but most are quite boring in the performance department. Just like they were 40 years ago. Why do you think we all built motors and plopped them into family sedans?

Reply to
Mike Marlow