Does GM have anything Stylish Coming Out?

Page 3 of 4
Anyone could buy GM
You only need 1 dollar
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nix wrote:

And, it could be the worst dollar you ever spent.
In big business, things are not always what they seem. GM is struggling to stay alive. I wish them well.
Good idea. Good buy as well since GM sell millions more vehicles in the US than any other vehicle manufacture in the world.. You could be rich for a dollar LOL
mike hunt

Not good idea Not a good buy GM is loosing more millions on vehicles in the US than any other vehicle manufactor in the world They lose about $1000 on each vehicle sold You would be in huge debt for the dollar
Mike Hunter wrote:

Hardly, the cost of building any vehicle is not even half of the invoice price. They may be loosing money in the business presently but not on the vehicles LOL
mike hunt

Hardly, the cost of building any vehicle is not even half of the invoice price. They may be loosing money in the business presently but not on the vehicles LOL
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

There are interesting articleseries on http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com GM and Ford deathwatch
At least half of that was earned tax free in the US, on vehicles assembled of low cost imported parts. If GM and Ford did not have to pay federal corporate income taxes and could get all of their part made in China and other low wage Asian countries, they too would as wealthy. ;)
mike hunt

If GM and Ford did not have to pay federal

And if the dog didnt stop to lick himself, he might have caugh the rabbit.
Toyota Motor Corp. trounced the domestic automakers in the U.S. marketplace last month, posting a 25 percent year-over-year sales increase. General Motors Corp. and DaimlerChrysler AG each saw their sales slip by a few percentage points
hls wrote:

Not quite, the percentages where not year-over-year sales but for September 2006 sales over September of 2005. GM sold the most vehicles during September 2006 and Ford was second, both at much higher totals than Toyota total sales.
Fords car sales were up, but their truck sales were down, vis a v September of 2005. Percentage are always relative, for example Tundra sales were indeed up twenty some percent over September 2005 to a total of around 12,000 for the month. Ford an GM truck sales where down a few percentage points, but Ford sold around six times as many F150s, over 72,000 and GM sold over 60,000 Silverados for the month. Dodge sold far more trucks as well ;)
mike hunt

The trend is clear Toyota is leading the pack
If you don't make the system now, as Toyota continues to make hybrids much cheaper and in greater numbers, the others won't be able to catch up."
German pondered that hybrids could reach 50 - 70 percent of the market in 10 years. He added, "I live in Detroit. I don't want to see the Big 3 go out of business. But that's a possibility."
GM is on its way out
http://www.hybridcars.com/sales-numbers.html
Mike Hunter wrote:

Don't give up your day job. An automotive industry consultant, you're not.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

The Scion and Element are uglier.
As for the Camry, it was on my list of "possibles" to buy in the next few months. The new style took it off the list. Sides and back are ok, but that bulbous front grill turns me off. Nope, it won't sit in my driveway.
Why do you believe GM should drop down to the level of a Camry? GM already offers several V6 cars, under 30K, that can be driven home for thousands less than the drive home price of an underpowered 4cy Camry. ;)
mike

The 4-cyl. Camry is quite adequate, and also available in a stick, something that GM seems to think that their buyers are too stupid to handle.
nate
Mike Hunter wrote:

I supose if one standards are not too high. But why pay more for a 4 when one can get a V6? ;)
mike hunt

a) it's a Toyota
b) the Toyota 4-cyl is almost as strong and doesn't sound like a bucket of bolts like the small Chevy six (2.8 based POS's)
I've got a lot of respect for the 2.8 family but I haven't seen a 2.8 based engine that didn't sound like ass. You can tell them coming from blocks away because they all sound like they're going to blow rods through the pan.
nate
Mike Hunter wrote:

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.