Does GM have anything Stylish Coming Out?

Page 4 of 4
wrote:

And yet... people keep buying Camrys. ( maybe they know something )
<rj>
Not everyone is foolish enough to spend more for a 4 than a V6. Perhaps that why GM sells more cars than Toyota ;)
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

GM may sell more light vehicles, but I doubt they sell more CARS than Toyota does. GM's North American sales are heavily tilted to trucks, which you well know Mr Hunt Hunter.
How is this then.. In the US Toyotas sells more cars with one brand name on the hood. GMs divisions sells more cars in the US than Toyotas divisions. GMs divisions also sell more light trucks than Toyota or any other manufacture Chevrolet is the number one selling BRAND is the US as well. Toyota sells the number one CAR in the US, the Camry. Ford sells the number one VEHICLE in the US, at nearly twice the rate as the number one car, the F150 and has for 29 years ;)
mike hunt

Toyota may well take the lead worldwide . GM does not generally compete in the midget car market. However GM, like Toyota, is building plants in China to make small cars for that growing market. I was referring to the worlds largest market and that is the US where Toyota is still behind GM and Ford where obviously they are building and selling more of the kinds of vehicles buyers want to buy..
mike

name
US
GM

I looked at the AVEO in the showroom. Nice little urban/suburban car. But priced like GM doesn't want to sell any.
<rj>
The Aveo is a Suzuki, built in a former Daewoo plant in Korea. The only country where it is sold, as a GM model, is in the US with a Chevy emblem on the hood. The pricing starts at $9.995. In other counties it is sold as a Suzuki for thousands less ;)
mike hunt

Research torque, WBMA ;)
mike

The Bonesman wrote: