Does GM think we're really this stupid to belive that knocking is normal???

This does not appear to be the same "mark" who posts here regularly because he is using a different I.P. number. This guy is trying to incite contempt for GM while using the same name as one of our regular posters.

Reply to
Sting Ray

| This does not appear to be the same "mark" who posts here regularly because | he is using a different I.P. number. This guy is trying to incite contempt | for GM while using the same name as one of our regular posters. | | X-Trace: posting.google.com 1069094553 14616 127.0.0.1 (17 Nov 2003

18:42:33 | GMT) | X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@google.com | |

Perhaps, but is the issue pervasive? I have no idea, I only know of one person with the piston slap problem...a neighbor with a 1994 Lesabre with

100K miles on it...which I can hear clearly in my house in the morning for several years now when he starts that thing up. I have read other posts here about the problem though. One had his engine replaced by GM (A 2000 Malibu with the 3.1 engine I think). If true, it's too bad GM released engines with this defect given the plethora of consumer choices out there. Either way, it certainly can't help with competitive position and market share to have this sort of issue (and press). But to be honest, I don't know very many people that own GM vehicles these days. So many of my friends, family and co-workers that used to buy GM are buying other brands now. :-(
Reply to
James C. Reeves

You should choose your friends more carefully. ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

What "experts" are those who confuse knocking with piston slap?

Reply to
Neo