Does GM think we're really this stupid to belive that knocking is normal???

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/knock14_20031114.htm
http://www.pistonslap.com /

| |
Perhaps, but is the issue pervasive? I have no idea, I only know of one person with the piston slap problem...a neighbor with a 1994 Lesabre with 100K miles on it...which I can hear clearly in my house in the morning for several years now when he starts that thing up. I have read other posts here about the problem though. One had his engine replaced by GM (A 2000 Malibu with the 3.1 engine I think). If true, it's too bad GM released engines with this defect given the plethora of consumer choices out there. Either way, it certainly can't help with competitive position and market share to have this sort of issue (and press). But to be honest, I don't know very many people that own GM vehicles these days. <sigh> So many of my friends, family and co-workers that used to buy GM are buying other brands now. :-(

You should choose your friends more carefully. ;-)
Dave
What "experts" are those who confuse knocking with piston slap?