Does somebody have manual for GMC Safari/Chevrolet Astro?

Hi,

I've just bought GMC Safari 1991. There some electrical problems with windows and door locks. Maybe somebody have a Manual for repair this car and can scan for me these pages? The problem is that I can't find here this book (I live in Israel).

Thank You in advance, Gurevich Vladimir

Reply to
Vladimir

Could you tell us your specific problems and perhaps we can help.

If your window or locks don't work, often the wires between the door and the frame (near the hinge) crack and break and need to be fixed with some soldering.

If your window works for a bit and then quits, the window switch has a 'safety' in it. If the window has too much resistance, it will overheat the bimetallic connection and disconnect the power until it cools. Make sure all the window tracks are clean and lubricated (silicone) to reduce the friction on the window.

Another fantastic resource is

rick

Reply to
Rick De Visser

My problem is exactly as You described, the window works for a bit and then quits. I removed the switch and attached the power to the contacts and I saw this effect. Sometimes the window fully opened at once and sometimes it stops and I have to wait appr. 30 sec. and try again. The same happens at closing window.

Reply to
Vladimir Gurevich

Hi Vladimir...

A perfect description of the automatic reset circuit breaker opening up on you...

Most likely the window binding somewhere, hence drawing too much current.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

I have opened today the door panel and get out the engine, after that I removed the automatic reset circuit from the engine and put wire between the contacts. After that I discovered new problem, the pink wire that supply 12V power to the switch doesn't supply the power. I tried to chek which fuse is for window engine but all fuses are ok. Maby You know where this pink wire is going?

Reply to
Vladimir Gurevich