Don't the police have enough to do..

Don't the police have enough to do without going after speeders. I would have thought that with today's technology that an alternative would be roadside transmitters of speed
limits and in-vehicle receivers that record speeding violations, that are payable before you can get more gas, or something like that.
Alan Illeman wrote:

I think that in the USA within 50 years all newborns and legal immigrants will be required to have transponder chips implanted. A great new way for lawyers and the legal system to make even more money.